1. Wordpress requires an installed MySQL database.
2. Download and save the latest version of Wordpress installation file from the official
Wordpress site to your computer.
3. Right-click the downloaded zipped wordpress file and click on extract all files.
4. Wait for the file to be extracted.
5. You should see a new folder named Wordpress since you have uncompressed the file.
- It is best practice to rename the folder similar to the website that will be using WordPress. In this example, we rename the folder to testing-domain1.com.
6. Upload the folder to the public_html folder of your webspace via FTP.
7. Move all the contents of the testing-domain1 folder to the public_html folder.
8. Open your browser window and type www.testing-domain1.com in the address bar.
9. You will need the database information from step 1 above. When ready, click Let's go!
10. Fill out the database information with the information from step 1 above where required as seen in the screen shots below.
11. If the information is correct, you will be informed that WordPress is ready for installation. Click the Run the install button to continue.
12. You will be ask to provide a Site Title, Username, Password and E-mail Address. If you wish, tick the box to allow your blog to appear in search engines like Google and Technorati.
When finished, click on Install WordPress.
13. Please write down your username and password for your own reference. WordPress has now been installed successfully and you may now click the Log In button to begin setup of your WordPress site!
14. You can now access your wordpress site through:
- Back-end: www.testing-domain1.com/wp-admin
- Front-end: www.testing-domain1.com