Domain name registration is the process of purchasing a domain name from a domain registrar .
Some terminologies for domain registration are shown below.
- Duration: This is the maximum period a domain can be registered with a registrar.
- Money Back Grace Period: This is the number of days after domain name registration, during which you may delete a domain name to receive a refund.
- Domain Name Length: This is the maximum number of characters a domain name can have.
- 60 Day Transfer Lock: This is the number of days a domain name cannot be transferred to a new registrar after registration.
- Name Servers For Zone Delegation: This is the minimum number of nameservers from your hosting provider you can assign to a domain name. Without DNS services for the domain, the registration is essentially useless for Internet services