Steps to Verify
Verifying your information with SiteLock is a necessary step to creating a site with the SiteLock Trust Seal. This article can walk you through the necessary steps to get your domains and account information verified with SiteLock.
Verifying Your Domain
Note: You will be unable to verify your domain unless it is properly pointed towards your WhoGoHost account. Please verify that your domain is pointed correctly before continuing with this tutorial.
- To verify your domain and account information you will need to be logged into your SiteLock account which can be done through your client account:
- Login to your clientarea
- Click on the menu Services->My Services
- Click on View Details beside your Sitelock product
- Click on "Manage Sitelock" icon to login
- Once logged in, you will be looking at your Dashboard. Look for the following verification notices shown in the picture below.
- Click on 'Verify Domain' and you will see the following dialog box:
- As you can see, there are two ways to verify your domain; we will be dealing with the easier first option, as the method using code could have the potential to break your scripts. Click on the first 'Click here' link in the dialog box which will download an html file to your local computer. Please remember where you saved this file; it will generally default to your Downloads Folder.