What is the SiteLock Trust Seal?
The Trust Seal is a badge which you can display on your website to ensure customers feel save visiting and providing information on your site.
If a scan fails, site visitors will not be alerted to any problem. The SiteLock seal will simply continue to display the date of the last good scan of the website site. If the site owner fails to rectify the problem, within a few days SiteLock will remove the seal from the site and replace it with a single pixel transparent image. At no point will SiteLock display any indication to visitors that a website has failed a scan.
Customize your SiteLock Trust Seal
- First, you will need to be logged into your SiteLock account, which can be done in your client account:
- Login to your clientarea
- Click on the menu Services->My Services
- Click on View Details beside your Sitelock product
- Click on "Manage Sitelock" icon to login
- Once logged in, you will be looking at your Dashboard. Scroll to the very bottom where you will see 'SiteLock Trust Seal' section as shown in the following picture.
3. Choose your preferred options from the following list of customizable items:
- Floating Badge Checkbox: With the checkbox checked, your seal will float on the page. These means that the seal will always stay in the bottom right corner of the website and regardless of where the user scrolls on the page.
- Language Dropdown Menu: Use this dropdown menu to choose the desired language for the seal. You will see a preview of how the seal will look on the left.
- Color/Size Dropdown Menu: Use this dropdown menu to choose the desired size, color, and look of your seal. You will see a preview of how the seal will look on the left.
Installing the SiteLock Trust Seal
- Copy the code for the text box
- Paste the code into your website's footer, header, or where ever you would like the seal to be shown.
- If you are using the Floating badge, just paste the seal in the footer and the seal will automatically be shown in the bottom right corner of your site at all times; otherwise, paste the html code in the perferred section of your website. Generally, it should be pasted in the footer.
- If you are using any of our Sitebuilder packages, you can use the 'Embed' widget located under the 'Content' section. Click and drag the 'Embed' widget to where you would like the badge to be (Please note that a floating badge will display in the bottom right corner regardless of where you put this widget). Click the gear icon from the floating menu when the widget is selected. Paste the code in the white text box that appears at the bottom of the page. Finally, click 'Save Settings'.