Please note that the certificate authority needs an explicit approval from a domain owner to issue an SSL certificate. Since only you/any authorized person in your company will have access to setup email forwarding for any one of the generic @domainname.com email addresses, the approver email is sent to the @domainname.com address and cannot be sent to any personal mail id as a security measure.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between www.domain.com and domain.com?
- I ordered an SSL. How do I get it to work on my domain?
- Where can I find instructions on how to install my SSL certificate?
- Will my certificate be cancelled if I do not answer or reply an approved email?
- I did not setup a valid mailbox for the approved email address during activation. Can you resend it?
- Why cant you send the approved email to my personal mail id?
- I mistyped the common name when activating the SSL certificate. Can it be changed?
- Why do I get an 'Invalid CSR' error message when I try to activate?
- How to order an SSL certificate?