A private key is generated at the same time as the CSR on the web server hosting the web site. As the private key is generated at the webserver, we have no access to it. We only maintain CSR and Certificate for each SSL order placed. You need to contact your server admin in order to get the private key. However, if you cannot retrieve it or if the private key has been compromised, please request a reissuance of your SSL certificate.
Articles in this section
- How do I obtain a refund for my SSL certificate?
- How to renew an SSL certificate?
- Can I get a refund once my certificate has been issued?
- The private key for my SSL certificate is lost or is compromised. Can you resend it?
- The certificate stopped working after I changed web hosting provider/web server.What should I do?
- When I try to visit my site in browser, I get 'This page contains both secure and non secure data' error
- I get '12263 SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG' error message when I try to visit my site in Firefox.
- I get 'certificate is not trusted because it is self signed' error message when I visit my site