Domain Names MUST:
- have minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash (-);
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.com);
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.com);
- not include underscore (e.g www.ab_cd.com)
Note: The registration of 2-character and single character domains is yet to be open up to the general public and are all tagged as premium domain names which are highly costly and you may not necessarily wait for a bidding process as it could be obtained at the Buy Now Bid price.
Most African ccTLDs require a minimum of 4 characters before they can be registered.
Some domains may require additional documtatation before they can be registered and it can take more than a week to be registered.