To add an autoscaling cluster to your cloud:
- Go to your Control Panel's Load Balancers menu.
- Click the Add a Balancer button.
On the page that follows, fill in the form that appears:
- Port - specify the port for this load balancer to run on (e.g. 9090, 8080)
Load Balancer Instance
- Label – give a name for your load balancer instance.
- Hostname – specify a host name which will identify your load balancer.
- Hypervisor zone – choose a hypervisor zone.
- Hypervisor – select a hypervisor that will be enabled for the cluster.
- Network zone – choose a network zone for this load balancer.
- Port Speed – use the slider to set a port speed or tick the Unlimited box if required.
Load Balancer Type
Choose the Autoscaling option and click Next.
These settings configure the nodes that will be added to your cluster.
- Image template – choose a template from the drop-down box: nodes will be built on this template
- Min node amount – the minimum number of nodes in this cluster.
- Max node amount – the maximum number of nodes in this cluster.
Example: if you set Min node amount = 2 and Max node amount = 5, then the system will scale out the cluster up to 5 nodes, and scale in to 2 nodes if required.
PLEASE NOTE: the only templates you can add to a cluster are those based on the selected hypervisor/hypervisor zone.
Cluster Node Parameters
These are the settings for each node of a cluster. Each node added to a cluster will have the following parameters:
- Memory – set the amount of memory allocated per node in MB.
- CPUs – the number CPUs which will form each node.
- CPU Priority – specify CPU priority. For more info on CPU priority, refer to Create VSs section.
- Rate Limit – set the port speed for a node.
Autoscale Out Parameters
Set the rules defining when the system should add more nodes to your autoscaling cluster. The system will add nodes until the limit set in the Max node amount field is reached.
Autoscale In Parameters
Set the rules defining when the system should remove the nodes from your autoscaling cluster. The system will remove nodes until the limit set in the Min node amount field is reached.
3. Click Save.