If you purchase a certificate for domain.com and go to https://www.domain.com , the browser will show a warning message that the certificate doesn't match. In such a situation, you need to redirect www.domain.com to domain.com, so that the visitor doesn't get an error if he/she goes to https://www.domain.com.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between www.domain.com and domain.com?
- I ordered an SSL. How do I get it to work on my domain?
- Where can I find instructions on how to install my SSL certificate?
- Will my certificate be cancelled if I do not answer or reply an approved email?
- I did not setup a valid mailbox for the approved email address during activation. Can you resend it?
- Why cant you send the approved email to my personal mail id?
- I mistyped the common name when activating the SSL certificate. Can it be changed?
- Why do I get an 'Invalid CSR' error message when I try to activate?
- How to order an SSL certificate?