Once you order hosting service, you can start creating your own website. Using Softaculous automatic app installer you can install WordPress with a few clicks.
Below you can find step-by-step guidelines covering the process:
1. Log into your cPanel.
2. Navigate to Softaculous Apps Installer menu:
3. Click on the WordPress icon
4. Switch to the Install tab to proceed:
5. On the next page you will need to fill out the details of your WordPress installation.
- Choose the domain you wish to install WordPress for
- In the In Directory field, you can specify the root folder for WordPress installation. By default, this field has "wp", and it allows installing WordPress on yourdomain.com/wp/ directly. Hence if you want the WordPress installed on your domain itself, then delete the "wp" but If you wish to install it to a subfolder, like yourdomain.com/blog, simply type "blog" in the wp field.
- Database Name can be left default.
- Table Prefix can also be left default wp_; however, due to security reasons it is better to change it, e.g., to gtwpsite_ .
- The Site Settings section should be filled out accordingly to your needs, though you can change it anytime later if required.
Make sure you set up secure and hard-to guess details in the Admin Account section:
6. When ready, scroll down and hit Install.
In a few moments you will see the message that WordPress has been successfully installed:
You can now go ahead and log into your WordPress Dashboard to start working on your website.