The following email parameter will be needed to properly configure MS Outlook for Garanntor Email:
@yourdomain.com is the name of your domain, e.g. @garanntor.com
Use the email account’s password.
· IMAP port : 143
· POP3 port : 110
· SMTP Port: 25
- Open Microsoft Outlook, then click on FILE
Note: The version of Microsoft outlook used for this KB is Microsoft Outlook 2013
- From the MS Outlook interface, Click on Add Account
- Click the Radio Button “Manual Setup or additional server types”, Click Next to continue. `
- Click the radio button “POP or IMAP”, Click Next to continue.
- In “Add Account” window. Fill out the necessary information.
The Account Type has two options “POP3 and IMAP”, this first fig. below is showing IMAP.
- Mail to Keep offline: This sync slide is used to control outlook’s offline cache, i.e. Old emails of up to 12 months are kept in out as indicated by the sync slider in fig below. This slide is peculiar to account type IMAP.
Please note that: Your name, Email Address, Username and Password are peculiar to your account and should not be the same as indicated here.
- If the selected account type is POP3. The Test Account Settings is active, this setting is used to check whether the configuration parameter is properly synced with the server.
Check Box, “Automatically test account settings when Next is click” works in the name implies, it checks the settings when next is clicked.
Deliver new message to: This is an option that allow you use an existing outlook data file to store emails, else you can select new outlook data file.
- Click on More Settings. There are three tabs General, Outgoing Server, Advanced.
It consists of Mail Account sections and details of other organization
Outgoing Server Tab
Ensure that “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox is checked.
Click the radio button “Log on using”.
Input Your login Parameter
This Tab, allows you configure port for incomming and outgoing mail server.
If your Account Type is POP use port 110, if it’s IMAP use port 143.
Outgoing server (SMTP) is 25 for either of the account type.
Click OK when done.
6. Click on NEXT
The system tries test the correctness of those details supplied during configuration. The status tab under “Test Account Settings” windows but the marked completed for the email to work. Also a prompt for password validation could also come up.
It’s also possible for the check to be successful for incomming email, but fail for outgoing email.
To resolve, check outgoing mail settings.
- Click OK to finish the setup.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup Garanntor email on Microsoft Outlook.