Apache mod_deflate module is used for compressing content before serving to the client.
1. Login to cPanel Account
First login to your cPanel account using. The default URL of cPanel access is domain/cpanel.
2. Open Optimize Website Panel
After login to the cPanel account, You will find option Optimize Website under the Software section. Just click on Optimize Website icon to open settings.
3. Enable Apache Gzip Compression
- Disabled – Select this option to disable gzip compression for your website and click Update Settings.
- Compress all content – Select this option to compress all your website’s content and click Update Settings.
- Compress the specified MIME types – Select this option and input the MIME types in below text box to compress specific files only and click Update Settings.
And that's all. You have successfully enabled Gzip compression for your site.