Email header can be used to get necessary information about an email. This information includes details about the sender, where the email arrived, when it arrived. It can also be used to troubleshoot spam issues as well as identifying the email route. Here is a guide on how to get the email header for outlook and hotmail.
1. Login to your outlook or hotmail.
2. Select the particular email you want to get email header from.
3. By the right of the email, you should see a hamburger button. click on it
4. Once you click on the button, it should open up a list of options. Select "View Message Source"
5. This should open up the email header. From here, you can then find more details about the sender and receiver and also troubleshoot to find out if there are any issues with your email.